When you’re looking to track parts throughout the manufacturing process or add branding and traceability for counterfeit-proofing, you want a marking method that’s going to be permanent. That’s why MECCO specializes in two direct part marking technologies: laser marking and dot peen or pin marking. There are a variety of ways to add barcodes, serialization and other information so that you can meet marking compliance standards, but it’s important to consider what you’re marking before identifying the proper tool.
- Environment: Clean room vs dirt & debris
- Temperature When Marked: Standard temperature vs high heat
- Surface Quality of Part Being Marked: Machined vs Cast Parts and Dry vs Oil
- Materials Being Marked: Metals, Plastics, Cardboard, Etc.
- Life Expectancy of the Part
- Space & Location of Barcode
- Connectivity to the Factory Floor: Standalone System or Full Integration?
Once you have your marking criteria specified, explore the benefits that each piece of equipment offers.
MECCO works with our customers
to determine the best equipment, the best application, and the best software. We want to make sure that the products we provide are the right fit for your application in order to save time, money and frustration.
If you have questions about choosing dot peen or laser marking for your project, contact us
today. We’ll be happy to guide you through to the best solution
for your needs. Whether you have a basic marking project or sophisticated application requirements, MECCO brings our 125+ years
of experience in part identification to deliver everything from standard units to full turnkey solutions.