Badger Meter uses MECCO’s MC2000 SuperFast dot peen units to identify water meters with a unique serial number. MECCO was the vendor that could achieve a high quality deep mark within their required short-cycle marking time. MECCO provides both stand-alone marking stations, including index table marking systems as well as integrated markers which are installed in their production lines.
- Marking human-readable serial numbers on water meters for traceability
- Mark must be deep enough to be read after installation by field service technicians
- Meet short cycle marking time requirement due to high volume of part marking
- Low maintenance and high reliability needed – markers will run 3 shifts/day, 5-6 days per week.
Badger Meter utilized the MC2000 SuperFast with N20 marking head to achieve the following benefits:
- High speed marking system
- MC2000 SuperFast 100x17 with N20 marking head able to produce a very deep mark