Apply for Service Engineer at MECCO
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Service Engineer position will be to serve as a technical expert on laser products with a high level of application understanding under the supervision of the Service Manager.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Diagnose, repair, and test laser marking systems.
- Educate customers on the technologies MECCO offers and how to best integrate engineered marking solutions into the manufacturing processes.
- Provide customers with onsite installation and support.
- Conduct onsite product demonstrations, sales presentations and engineering assessments to determine the best solutions for the manufacturer.
- Communicate with internal teams and customers via phone and email.
- Support Inside Sales Team to maintain demo laser systems.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Attention to Detail
- Safety Orientation
- Mechanical/Electrical Aptitude
- Communication Skills
- Independent Decision Making
- Creative Problem Solving
- Willingness to Learn/Grow
- Customer Focus
- Incumbent will be required to use a computer with keyboard, telephone or handheld mobile device for extended periods of time, and office machinery as needed.
- Individual will be required to use basic hand tools and power tools on occasion.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Individual will be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to fifty (50) pounds occasionally, and/or up to twenty (20) pounds frequently, and/or up to ten (10) pounds constantly.
- Work involves occasional exposure to unpleasant elements, such as fumes, loud noises, etc.
- Incumbent must be able to read, see, hear, and speak.
- The employee may have to frequently travel to customer sites (up to 90% travel).
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Days and Shifts:
Position works Monday – Friday, daylight hours (8AM-5PM), and additional time as needed to complete work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, physical engineering, or physics; Or, an Associate’s Degree with a minimum of six (6) years of experience.
- May be required to participate in safety trainings and/or certifications provided by the Company or customers.
- Valid driver’s license, as employee will be required to travel on a regular basis.
- Moderate computer and software knowledge.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce and/or CRM is preferred.
- Sandler Sales training experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong decision making abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required.